Serving Educational Leaders, Inspiring Student Success
KASB is a not-for-profit organization located in Topeka, Kansas and dedicated to serving members of governing boards for unified school districts, community colleges, area vocational-technical schools and cooperatives, interlocals and regional service centers.
- Support a culture of collaboration and service.
- Be a voice of public education.
- Provide leadership for student success.
KASB is governed by a Board of Directors composed of school board members from throughout Kansas. The Board meets five times each year, with day-to-day operations of the association assigned to the staff.
- All students can learn.Education encompasses lifelong learning.
- An educated and responsible citizenry is essential to a free and changing society.
- Universal public education is a fundamental right.
- Local control of public education is the cornerstone of our democratic system of government.
- The responsibility for providing suitable and equitable funding rests with the state of Kansas.
- Public education prepares students for a diverse, global society.
- Leadership impacts student achievement.
Operational Beliefs . . .
- Innovation is necessary for continuous improvement.
- Trust, integrity and honesty are necessary for credibility.
- Goals are best accomplished through teamwork and collaboration with others.
- Success depends on an informed, engaged board, membership, and staff.
- Leadership requires honoring diversity of thought and opinions.
- Transparency is necessary for integrity.
Approved by the KASB Board of Directors - January 21, 2012