9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Hays USD 489, Rockwell Admin Center, Board Room, 353 W 12th, Hays KS 67601
Registration: 9:00 a.m. | Workshop: 9:30-2 p.m.
Are you a supervisor of classified staff? Would you like to learn how to be a more effective supervisor? This workshop is designed specifically for directors of maintenance, custodial services, transportation, food service and any other employees responsible for supervising classified staff. These positions are imperative to a school district and many directors have been thrust into their positions without proper training. This workshop is designed to assist these valuable employees to become an effective supervisor. Specific Topics Include:
- Effective Communication
- Conducting Difficult Conversations
- Hiring the Best Candidate
- Supervision, Evaluation, Job Descriptions
- Legal Implications for… hiring, ADA, overtime, termination, evaluation, injuries, child abuse reporting, sexual harassment, and bullying
- Building Capacity Withing your Department