5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Hiawatha USD 415 - The Fisher Center, 201 E Iowa St., Hiawatha
A fresh take on KASB regional meetings! Regional roundtables give board members and district leaders opportunities to discuss current education topics with their counterparts in area school districts. KASB provides focus topics, and the balance of the meeting will be devoted to specific areas of interest to each region.
Meetings are scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. and will last no longer than three hours – plenty of time for good discussion, sharing ideas and networking!
Summer Regional Roundtables (the first of a series of three planned for this year) will include the following topics:
- School Safety and Security – What are recent and future steps your district is taking to create safe environments and secure facilities?
- School Redesign and Success – How is your board conducting superintendent evaluation to drive system wide improvements?
- The 2020 Census – Why does the Census matter for our schools?
- After Gannon – What will be the potential hot topics in the upcoming Legislative Session?
- Local Issues – What are the opportunities and challenges unique in your district and area of the state?