KASB online Regional Meetings will review KSDE reopening guidanceLeah Fliter
KASB will hold a series of on-line meetings for school leaders planning reopening schools this fall, following release of the Kansas State Department of Education guidance.
The guidance and options will be presented to the State Board of Education for action next Wednesday, July 15.
On Friday, July 17, at 12 noon KASB will present a 90-minute on-line interactive Zoom meeting called “Roadmap to Reopening: Framework Overview” on the major issues school boards will face in planning for school this fall. The event will be repeated the following Wednesday, July 22, also at noon. There is no charge for these sessions, but members will have to register to attend the Zoom conference.
On July 20, 22 and 23, KASB will hold a series of three evening (6-7:30 p.m.) on-line regional roundtable events to allow districts to share their plans for school reopening. The cost of these events is $38 per registrant. Although members can attend any meeting that is convenient, to provide a more regional perspective, KASB encourages members to participate in these meetings as follows:
Monday, July 20: Regions 4, 5, 6 and 14 (Wichita).
Wednesday, July 22: Regions 1, 2, 3, 11 (Blue Valley), 12 (Shawnee Mission), 13 (Kansas City) and 15 (Olathe).
Thursday, July 23: Regions 7, 8, 9, and 10.
KASB members can register for any of these events on the KASB webpage under Training and Events, or at this link.
Here are KASB’s 10 geographic reasons by county (the five largest member school districts by enrollment are individual regions 11 through 15):
- Region 1-Counties Atchison, Doniphan, Douglas, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte
- Region 2- Counties Anderson, Coffey, Franklin, Greenwood, Linn, Lyon, Miami, Osage, Shawnee and Wabaunsee
- Region 3- Counties Allen, Bourbon, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Crawford, Elk, Labette, Montgomery, Neosho, Wilson and Woodson
- Region 4- Counties Brown, Clay, Dickinson, Geary, Jackson, Marshall, Nemaha, Pottawatomie, Riley and Washington
- Region 5- Counties Chase, Harvey, Marion, McPherson, Morris, Reno, Rice and Saline
- Region 6- Counties Butler, Cowley, Sedgwick and Sumner
- Region 7- Counties Cloud, Ellis, Ellsworth, Jewell, Lincoln, Mitchell, Osborne, Ottawa, Phillips, Rooks, Republic, Russell and Smith
- Region 8- Counties Barber, Barton, Comanche, Edwards, Harper, Kingman, Kiowa, Ness, Pawnee, Pratt, Rush and Stafford
- Region 9- Counties Cheyenne, Decatur, Gove, Graham, Greeley, Lane, Logan, Norton, Rawlins, Scott, Sheridan, Sherman, Thomas, Trego, Wallace and Wichita
- Region 10- Counties Clark, Finney, Ford, Grant, Gray, Hamilton, Haskell, Hodgeman, Kearny, Meade, Morton, Seward, Stanton and Stevens