The Unified School District No.289, Wellsville Public Schools is accepting request for qualifications for professional architectural and engineering services.
Wellsville Public Schools
602 Walnut Street
Wellsville, KS 66092
February 11, 2020
Wellsville USD 289 is seeking to establish a relationship with an architectural firm for planning renovations, additions and possible replacement of existing schools. The district desires to select a full-service firm that will assist district personnel in the facilitation of preparing design and construction documents, bidding, construction administration and warranty assistance services. The board anticipates selecting the design team in early 2020.
The purpose of this request for qualifications is to gather information from architectural firms interested in working with the district. USD 289 will screen and select the most qualified firm from those submitted. The board may elect to interview firms based on responses and qualifications received.
The district is beginning to engage the community in conversations about the current conditions of school district facilities. The district is interested in hiring an architectural firm that can work with the district and community to develop a common vision for this project and to develop plan to help the district successfully identify, educate and market the plan to the greater community. It is expected that the selected firm will start immediately and work directly with the school and community throughout the process.
Scope of Work:
Provide full architectural and engineering services to complete Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Bidding, Construction Administration, and Warranty Assistance. Engineering services must include Kansas licensed engineers for Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.
The architect will work closely with a CM (CMAR) in review/preparation of milestone cost estimates, schedules and constructability discussions. Presentations and periodic reports will be made to the Board of Education.
The successful architectural firm will supply the District with an insurance certificate showing a minimum coverage of Professional Liability (E&O) coverage of $1,000,000. It is expected that the selected architect will enter into a modified AIA B101 Owner-Architect Agreement.
The formal request for qualifications response shall contain the following information, in the following sequence and format. Written and in-person presentations should follow the prescribed format below:
Title Page Letter of Introduction Table of Contents
- Architect’s Firm Profile and Philosophy – All of the information submitted should be related to the Prime Architect. (Do not include information for any sub-consultant in the section. Sub Consultant information is to be included in Section 8.)
- Architect’s Firm History – Describe the corporate structure, date firm was formed, number of offices, number of Kansas offices, list owners of the firm, list Kansas architect business entity license number.
- Architect’s Approach to the Development of New Facility, Renovations and Additions – Submit a project approach regarding your firm’s understanding of the project, its goals and objectives. In detail, describe your firm’s planning process.
- Architect’s Personnel Assigned to the Project – Identify the names of any personnel (prime and sub-consultants) who will be members of the actual project team and identify their level of experience with Kansas K-12 public school construction projects. List time employed by current architectural firm. List at a minimum, three (3) relevant Kansas school projects and locations on which your firm has worked.
- Architect’s Experience with Planning for New Facilities, Renovations and Additions – Prime Architect should provide information about its experience on similar projects and its overall qualifications to carry out the project. Please provide project descriptions, locations and color photos on at least three (3) relevant Kansas school projects. All of the projects submitted should be projects completed by the Prime Architect. (Do not include past projects from work done while employed at other firms or any sub-consultant that may be included on your team.)
- Architect’s References – The Architect will provide a reference list from three (3) recent Kansas School design projects of similar scope. Note: Include district, contact name and telephone numbers. All of the references submitted should be for projects completed by the Prime Consultant. (Do not include references for any sub-consultant that may be included on your team.)
- Why Should USD 289 Public Schools Utilize Your Firm/Additional Information? – Please include information describing what makes your firm or team unique.
The consultant is asked to submit 3 proposal copies. Submissions should be sealed and packaged with clear identification to read as follows:
“REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS, USD 289 Wellsville “Professional Architectural and Engineering Design Services”
The deadline for submitting your response will be no later than 4 P.M. on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Proposal or project questions or clarification prior to submittal may be directed to Ryan Bradbury, Superintendent of Schools USD 289. No electronic proposals or electronic modification of proposals will be considered.
602 Walnut Street
Wellsville, KS 66092
Within a period of approximately 10 days following the submittal deadline, after administrative screening, the selected applicant (or applicants) may be invited to present to a selection team prior to submittal of recommendation(s) to the Board of Education. If necessary, the period of evaluation of proposals may be extended. Firms will be evaluated according to their response to this Request for Qualifications.
The administration, selection team and the U.S.D. No. 289 Board of Education reserve the right to reject any and all proposals, waive informality and any technicalities or clerical error in any proposal as the interest of these entities may require, and they will select the proposal which, in their judgment, best meets the requirements of the project.
At no time are applicants to visit individually with board members or selection team members about consideration as a possible service provider. Questions about this process may be directed to Superintendent Ryan Bradbury at 785-883-2388.
All costs incurred in the preparation of the response to this Request for Qualifications will be the sole responsibility of and borne entirely by the submitter. All responses to this Request for Qualifications become the property of USD 289 and will be part of public record.
USD 289 will attempt to negotiate and contract for services described in this RFQ solicitation with the most qualified firm. If an agreement cannot be reached, there will be an attempt to negotiate a contract with the next most qualified firm. This process will continue until an agreement is reached.
State of Kansas
Department of Administration
Office of Facilities and Property Management
Notice of Bids for Construction Services
Notice is hereby given for the receipt of subcontractor bids for Renwick School District #267 Additions and Renovations Bid Package-9 at St. Marks School. The project will be delivered under the Construction Management At-Risk statute K.S.A. 75-37, 144. The Law Company Inc. is the Construction Manager At-Risk.
Subcontractor bids will be received for work as shown on the plans and specifications and specifically in accordance with The Law Company’s published Scopes of Work for each Bid Package. The project includes Building Controls and associated scopes to complete Bid Package-9. Special conditions for this project include, but are not limited to, special site conditions for parking and storage, usage and access, working hours, construction schedule requirements, and phasing. Subcontractors and suppliers are encouraged to carefully review all of the bidding documents for the unique aspects of the project.
A Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting will be held at the St. Marks School located at 19001 W. 29th St. N. in Colwich, KS on February 20, 2020 at 9:00am.
Subcontractor bids will be received until 2:00 p.m. on February 28, 2020 at the office of The Law Company via email or fax bids. Bids shall be directed to Shawn Grisamore at email@example.com or Fax at 316-268-0226 or via postal mail to 345 Riverview, Ste 300, Wichita, KS 67203. Scope or schedule questions must be submitted to Shawn Grisamore (316-268-0200 x208) in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bidders not already on the Office of Facilities and Procurement Management’s Pre-Qualified Contractors list shall accompany their bid with a statement of qualifications indicating the organization’s history and structure, past experience, claims and lawsuits, and, if applicable, bonding capacity. Alternatively, bidders may submit qualifications on either AIA Document A305 or AGC Document No. 221. Bidders who are not on The Law Company’s pre-approved bidders list and wish to bid must also complete and submit The Law Company Prequalification Statement prior to submitting a bid. The Prequalification Statement is available with the bid documents on The Law Company’s website in the Plan Room.
Construction documents, plans, specifications, scopes of work and associated information will be available through The Law Company’s on-line Plan Room at https://www.lawcoplans.com. All subcontract bids must be submitted on the required subcontractor bid form which will be issued via an Addendum.
Director of Pre-Construction