KASB Legal Staff provides generalized training in negotiations to all members. In addition, a wide-range of legal support is available to members of the KASB Legal Assistance Fund. This full-service starts with negotiation preparation and concludes with the drafting of the final agreement.
Recent changes made to the Professional Negotiations Act requires yearly training for those selected to represent the local board and the professional employees’ organization. Beginning in January offers three levels of training that meet these requirements. KASB staff will also conduct onsite training, either for individual teams or for several teams in your area/region.
What does the training involve?
KASB’s negotiations training is conducted by experienced KASB legal staff who are also professional negotiators. All training includes the following outcomes:
- Mandatory and permissive negotiation topics;
- Impasse procedures;
- Strategies for boards;
- How to negotiate salaries;
- Recommended contract language.
- Depending on the length of training, additional content and support provided.
Specialize Assistance for Legal Assistance Fund Members
- Sample language for negotiated agreement
- Personalized Review of master contract and assistance with March 31 notice letter
- Review of proposals
- Strategy recommendations
- Chief negotiator services
- Onsite representation as part of the board team
- Onsite training for board teams
- Consultation with full board prior to development of March 31 notice letter (executive session by phone or onsite).