KASB names Class of 2018 Leadership for TomorrowCarol Pitts
TOPEKA – The Kansas Association of School Boards is pleased to announce our Leadership for Tomorrow Class of 2018. The 26 participants were chosen through an application process on the basis of individual leadership in public education and participation in activities that promote effective governance and raise student achievement.
Through five two-day sessions held around the state, the KASB Leadership for Tomorrow program creates a greater understanding of the Kansas public education system and provides opportunities to develop leadership skills for effective governance and raising student achievement.
The program began in 2005, and in the past 13 years 221 school leaders have completed the program.
The 2018 schedule will include visits to McPherson and Twin Valley schools in March; Liberal and Hugoton schools in May; Manhattan school district in July; Wellington and Wichita schools in September; and Kansas City-area schools in late November. The final session is held during the KASB annual conference.
The KASB Leadership for Tomorrow Class of 2018 includes:
- Tonya Bell, Neodesha USD 461, Board of Education
- Doug Berryman, Augusta USD 402, Board of Education
- Quentin Breese, Concordia USD 333, Superintendent
- Julie Cannizzo, Goddard USD 265, Assistant Superintendent
- Paige Crum, Haysville USD 261, Board of Education
- Bill Day, Lyons USD 405, Superintendent
- Scott Friesen, Inman USD 448, Superintendent
- Susan Grey, Valley Falls USD 338, Principal-Pre-K through High School
- Julie Hedrick, Wichita USD 259, Board of Education
- Tony Helfrich, Pratt USD 382, Principal-Liberty Middle School
- Jason Herman, Olathe USD 233, Principal-Olathe North High School
- Kristina Lemman, Colby USD 315, Board of Education
- Cathy Macfarlane, Paola USD 368, Board of Education
- Bryce Matteson, Haven USD 312, Board of Education
- Jim McMullen, Olathe USD 233, Executive Director General Administration
- Brett Nelson, Manhattan-Ogden USD 383, Principal-Marlatt Elementary School
- Steve Noble, Seaman USD 345, Superintendent
- Denise O’Dea, Washington Co USD 108, Superintendent
- Leticia Porter, Bonner Springs/Edwardsville USD 204, Director of Elementary Education/Human Resources
- Shanna Rector, Salina USD 305, Executive Director Administrative/Student Services
- Ron Rosales, Wichita USD 259, Board of Education
- Jamie Rumford, Scott Co USD 466, Superintendent
- Joan Simoneau, Burrton USD 369, Superintendent
- Angie Stallbaumer, KASB Attorney/Policy Specialist
- Clark Wedel, Haven USD 312, Superintendent
- Rachele Zade, De Soto USD 232, Board of Education
The Kansas Association of School Boards is a not-for-profit organization located in Topeka, Kansas. Members include governing boards for unified school districts, community colleges, area vocational-technical schools and cooperatives, interlocals and regional service centers. The Association provides legal, advocacy and leadership training in addition to offering a number of products and services to support local school districts in daily operations and management.