K12itc provides hotline to assist educators during school closuresScott Rothschild
K12itc, a leader in providing technology solutions for school districts, has set up a hotline to assist schools with technical questions and challenges as schools increase virtual learning during closures caused by the coronavirus.
The special hotline number is 1-844-841-3506 (toll free) or educators can email firstname.lastname@example.org. The hotline will be staffed and available from 8:30 a.m.- 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Based in Kansas City, Mo., K12itc is a member of KASB’s Prestigious Partner program, providing schools across Kansas and Missouri with cost-effective, customized IT solutions.
K12itc has also provided a list of services that may be of use during the COVID-19 school closures. Items with a check mark are free.
- Loom Classroom Recorder✓
- Khan Academy ✓ – videos can be offline
- HMH ✓ * teachers MUST send assignments to students, available offline
- Pearson Realize ✓ – Can download and view textbooks offline
- Typing Agent ✓ – Printable Activities
- The Math Learning Center ✓ – available offline
- Storyline Online – reading to kids
- Learning A-Z – ✓
- BrainFuse – free for students, Must register. Online Tutoring & Studying. Local Library may have subscription already.
- Schoolology Distance Learning Plan
- Classwize - ✓ classroom management
- Minecraft Education - ✓
- ABC Mouse - ✓ free right now, use following redemption code
- Voces Digital – Collection of world language tittles Spanish, French and ESL.
- Discovery Education – – Digital textbooks, Multimedia content and Professional Development Community. Principals and Superintendents email to gain access. ✓
- Listenwise – – Collection of daily current events and standards aligned lessons, along with assessment tools to support distance learning. ✓
- Scholastic Learn at Home – – This resource offers 5 days of cross-curricular journeys for the following age groups: Pre-K and K, Grades 1 and 2, Grades 3-5, and Grades 6+.✓
Organization (some dual as teaching tools)
- Airtable - Free version, collaboration & tasks
- Webex — ✓ free plan for personal setup. Reach out to local VAR.
- Zoom – ✓ offering BASIC free to edu
- Microsoft Teams — ✓ included in O365 A1, free for ed.
- Discord Go Live – stream capacity bumped to 50 people temporarily
- Edmodo – – Distance learning toolkit. ✓
- Edpuzzle – – Platform that allows you to take any video and make it interactive. ✓
- Explain Everything – – Online Scenarios helping you create explanation videos. ✓
- Nearpad – – Online platform that allows you to create interactive lessons in minutes. ✓
- Clever – – Learning at home resources including webinars and guides.
- TechSmith – Snagit and Video Review to capture and record in order to share images and videos. ✓
- AT&T Access – reduced price
- T-Mobile – improved allowances
- T-Mobile EmpowerEd – hotspots
- Kajeet – Edu-centered hotspots
- Comcast Internet Essentials – 60 days free for qualifiers
- Comcast public Wifi — free for 60 days on all xfinity-branded hotspots.
- Charter Communications - Free broadband to students!
- Verizon Innovative Learning — 3x capacity for existing users
- Crowd-sourced Enrichment Activities–
- Great Collection ✓
- UNESCO Distance Learning Suggestions ✓
- Tech Hub of Free Services
- Coursera Higher Ed courses ✓
- Google Drive
- Consider delivering offline content to students using USB drives
- Local ISP(s) are offering reduced rates for students.