Winbolt endorsed to become KASB president-elect designeeScott Rothschild
The KASB Nominating Committee has endorsed the candidacy of Jason Winbolt to become president-elect designee for KASB.
Winbolt is a member of the Springhill USD 230 school board and serves as the Region 1 vice president on the KASB board of directors. The Nominating Committee interviewed Winbolt on Saturday.
The nominating committee presents to the KASB Delegate Assembly one or more qualified candidates for the office each year. A voter’s guide, which serves as the KASB Nominating Committee Report, will be distributed at the KASB Fall Regional Meetings and will be available online. It will also be mailed prior to the annual conference along with other delegate assembly materials to all board presidents, superintendents and voting delegates.
The election for KASB President-Elect Designee will be held during the KASB Delegate Assembly.
The president-elect designee serves as an ex-officio, non-voting member of the board of directors until assuming the office of president-elect. The KASB board of directors meets five times a year. The president-elect designee participates in the NSBA Federal Relations Network and NSBA Leadership Conference.
Members of the 2020 KASB Nominating Committee are:
- Rachele Zade, De Soto USD 232
- Julie Dandreo, Ottawa USD 290
- Wes Smith, Woodson USD 366
- Eric Gerstner, Vermillion USD 380
- Lance Patterson, Hutchinson USD 308
- Paige Crum, Haysville USD 261
- Kevin Milner, Republic County USD 109
- Ki Gamble, Chair, Kiowa County USD 422
- Kristina Lemman, Colby USD 315
- Dan Patterson, Lakin USD 215
- Tom Mitchell, Blue Valley USD 229
- Sara Goodburn, Shawnee Mission USD 512
- Janey Humphries, Kansas City USD 500
- Stan Reeser, Wichita USD 259
- Brian Geary, Olathe USD 233