Deadline extended to Monday Aug. 26 for contest entriesAustin Harris
KASB and the Kansas School Public Relations Association have extended the deadline to submit entries for the co-sponsored annual contest recognizing top publications produced by Kansas school districts, cooperatives and vocational-technical schools.
CLICK HERE for entry criteria and online submission form.
Entries must be from KASB members and received by midnight Monday, Aug. 26, 2019. Publications produced between July. 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 are eligible. Awards will presented during the KanSPRA Annual Conference Oct. 24-25, 2019 in Topeka, Kansas. For more information on the contest and submission details see kasb.org/awards.
A National School Public Relations Association public relations association from another state will serve as judges of all entries in the 2019 contest. Judging will take place between Sept. 1 and Oct. 15.
- District Report Card / Annual Report: Annual publication to inform patrons of the district’s performance.
- Audio / Video: A presentation or episode of a single program, podcast, or promotional piece.
- Calendar / Handbook: Publication with event dates or information or yearly publication designed to inform students, staff, and/or parents about the organization and policy.
- Electronic Publication: External or internal communications distributed only electronically. Links to two different issues must be provided to qualify as one entry.
- Marketing Materials / Special Purpose Publication: Items used to communicate the appealing qualities or explain education issues of a school, district, or program. This is a single piece.
- Newsletters: External or internal printed publications. Links to two different issues must be submitted to qualify as one entry. Each organization may enter twice in this category – once for district-level newsletters and once for building-level newsletters.
- Photo / Photo Series: Photographs taken by a district representative for publication. Provide description of use in the Analysis and Planning section of the entry form.
- Project, Special Event or Program: Describe a project, special event, or program that supported a district initiative. Provide description, results, and samples of materials and tactics utilized.
- Websites / Social Media: Provide a link to your district’s home page (first page of your site). Please do not submit separate entries for each of your individual school sites.
- Writing: Op-ed pieces, editorials, speeches, or individual articles from an official written piece intended for public distribution. Provide proof of publication.