A KASB Data Steward’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the district submits responses to KASB’s annual surveys each year. The Data Steward also serves as the district’s source for data coming from KASB. Each district designates a person to serve as a KASB Data Steward. Frequently this person is also the Board Clerk or Superintendent of the district, but can be anyone in the district whom the Superintendent and/or Board deem appropriate. Below you will find a link to the Data Steward Handbook along with instructions on accessing surveys.kasb.org.
Click on the link above to go to a PDF of the KASB Data Steward Handbook. File is updated as changes are made.
Also please grab a copy of the Data Steward Cheat Sheet and print it up for your reference.
Here are instructions on completing surveys for districts:
- Go to surveys.kasb.org
- Enter your email address, USD number, name, and phone number.
- Enter the password provided to you by KASB. If you do not know the password, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the button for the survey you wish to complete.
- A list of all years that are available for that survey will appear.
- If you want to edit an existing record,
- Click “Edit” by the record in question.
- If you want to create a new record,
- Go to the bottom of the record list
- Enter the year you want to create in “YYYY-YYYY” format.
- Indicate which year’s data you like to pull over to pre-populate the record.
- Click “Add”
- Enter the pertinent data on each screen of the survey.
- If you need to save and exit, then come back to finish later, click “Save and Exit” at the bottom of the screen you are working on.
- When completed, click “Finish” on the last survey screen.