2020 Women's Leadership Summit
Co-Sponsored by KASB and USA Kansas
March 24 and 25, 2020, Manhattan, Kansas
A great opportunity for women board of education members and women administrators in Kansas.
Here's what's in store!
Keynote and Featured Presentations
- Identifying Cultural Bias and Raising Awareness as a Leader
- Challenges and Opportunities for Women Leaders
- Heartland: A Memoir of Working Hard and Being Broke in the Richest Country on Earth
- Balancing Work and Motherhood
- My Leadership Journey
- Courageous Conversations
- Confident Communication
- Managing Leadership Transitions
- Developing Leadership through District-Sponsored Academies
- Work Alike Group Discussions:
- Principals and Building Leaders
- Superintendents and District-Level Leaders
- Boards of Education Members
Tuesday Evening Reception and Dinner
Reception 5:30 p.m.
- The reception will feature Miss Kansas Annika Wooton. She will create a painting during the reception to be auctioned off that evening. Proceeds will benefit the Janet K. McEntarfer Memorial Scholarship in Education and Community Service, Miss Kansas Foundation
Dinner and Remarks 6:30 p.m.
- Chief Justice Marla Luckert
- Melissa Rooker, Kansas Children's Cabinet
2020 Keynote and Featured Speakers
Dr. Helen Fagan
Dr. Fagan is a nationally known leadership, diversity and inclusion scholar. In addition to her work with the Global Leadership Group, she is an Assistant Professor of Practice in Leadership Engagement at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Director of Leadership Engagement at the Rural Futures Institute, a university-wide institute at the University of Nebraska, and a qualified Executive Coach.
Sarah Smarsh, a Kansan who writes and speaks on socio-economic class, is the author of Heartland: A Memoir of Working Hard and Being Broke in the Richest Country on Earth, a 2018 nonfiction finalist for the National Book Award and the Kirkus Prize. Smarsh writes in Heartland about the crucial impact of Kansas public schools on her life and career path. She’s also the host of “The Homecomers” podcast.
- Gain personal and professional growth ideas, motivation and inspiration.
- Network with peers and establish connections to support and inspire you in your various roles and responsibilities.
- Learn effective practices that enhance leadership skills and mentor others through collaborative relationships.
- Connect with women leaders in Kansas through bold conversations on critical topics.
- Develop and expand your network to boost your circle of support and influence.
- Identify hidden and not-so-hidden obstacles that sabotage your leadership potential.
- Recognize personal and professional bias and how they influence your leadership decisions.
- Improve strategies to manage conflict and increase collaboration.
Registration open for March 24-25 Women’s Leadership Summit
Registration is open for the KASB and United School Administrators-Kansas 2020 Women’s Leadership Summit in Manhattan on March 24 and 25. For more information and to register for the event, go here. The second annual summit features award-winning author Sarah Smarsh and Dr. Helen Fagan, CEO and Founder of the Global Leadership Group. Current female school board members and school administrators […] Read More
Women’s Leadership Summit to feature Smarsh and Fagan
The Kansas Association of School Boards and United School Administrators–Kansas 2nd Annual Women’s Leadership Summit will feature award-winning author Sarah Smarsh and Dr. Helen Fagan, CEO and Founder of the Global Leadership Group. The Summit, March 24-25, 2020 at the Hilton Garden Inn and Conference Center in Manhattan, will offer female school board members and […] Read More
We are pleased to open registration for the 2020 Women's Leadership Summit, March 24 and 25, 2020 in Manhattan, Kansas. This two-day meeting qualifies for a KASB season pass or USA Kansas PLN discount of 50%. The discount will be reflected on your final invoice.
CLICK HERE to register
Please note: You will need to go into the KASB Member Portal to register. If this is your first time using the member portal contact your district's board clerk or email email@example.com
A room block has been set aside at the meeting hotel on a first come, first serve basis:
Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
410 South 3rd Street
Manhattan, Kansas 66502
Hotel Phone Number: 785.532.9116
Use link below to make your reservations:
Group Name: KASB Women's Leadership Summit
Group Code: KASB