KASB offers a wide range of educational programming to keep board members and administrators informed. Each year the offerings are described in a Curriculum Guide. Participating members receive credit for attendance in a program called the “KASB Leadership Academy.” Awards are presented at the end of each fiscal year. A “Season Pass” option allows members to send an unlimited number of participants to certain workshops throughout the year for a flat fee.
School Law Workshop & KSAA Meeting- Wichita
8:30 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
Hyatt Regency, Wichita, Kansas
- 2018 USA|Kansas Conference attendees may attend any or all sessions of the School Law Roundup program.
- PLEASE REGISTER WITH BOTH ORGANIZATIONS if you plan to attend both programs. This allows us to ensure we have enough handouts, food, etc.
- CANCELLATIONS: To avoid being charged the full registration fee CANCELLATIONS must be made by 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 24.
- Update on Sexual Harassment Claims and Cases
- Board Meetings, Public Comments and Board Member First Amendment Free Speech Rights: Who Has a Right to Speak and What are the Limits?
- Teachers and Recording Devices in School: Consent to record students; Students recording teachers; The Negotiated Agreement School Safety Update: Laws, Plans Policies
- Social Media and School Employees’ Professional Boundaries
- Student Walkouts and Protests: What Is Material Disruption? A Review of the Cases
- The Kansas Anti-Bullying Law and Handling Student and Parent Complaints: K.S.A. 72-6147
- Employees Under the Influence: What Can the District Do?
- Student Discipline Procedures: Notices and Required Hearings, A Review of Kansas Suspension and Expulsion Laws