The KJUMP purchasing pool is managed by CenterPoint Energy, one of the largest independent suppliers of natural gas. The duties of the administrator include:
- Auditing and Bill Payment Services - Audits and pays all supply, transportation and distribution invoices and provides one consolidated billing statement for schools.
- Risk Management Services - Manages the price risk of members in the pool by utilizing hedging and risk management tools and strategies to reduce volatility and price risk.
- Nominating and Balancing Service - Actively manages supply and demand requirements to ensure adequate supply and keep members penalty free.
- Consolidated Billing - Pays all utility and supply invoices. Provides each member district with a single aggregated invoice that tracks savings monthly and cumulatively versus the utility cost of gas.
- Customized Reporting and Budget Forecasting - Customized natural gas reports for members, including budget forecasts on expected natural gas expenditure.