Are you interested in…
Enhancing leadership capacity at the local, state and national levels?
Gaining understanding of key education issues through onsite visits and presentations by local staff and community leaders?
Exploring education change theories, current state education initiatives and potential local impact?
Expanding skills for effective in communications and advocacy?
Then KASB’s Leadership for Tomorrow is for you!
Board members, superintendents and administrators explore change theories and strategies, gain training in leadership skills and expand understanding of education key issues for effective governance and raising student achievement. Visits to local schools, classroom observations and presentations provide a foundation for class discussion and collaborative analysis of issues and opportunities of Kansas education.
Through five two-day sessions, the KASB Leadership for Tomorrow program creates a greater understanding of the Kansas public education system and provides opportunities to develop leadership skills for effective governance and raising student achievement.
In the past 13 years 221 school leaders have completed the program.
- Education Trends, State Initiatives and Impact on Student Achievement.
- Advocacy at the State and National Levels
- Leading Change in the Local Community
- Community Engagement and Creating Collaborative Cultures
- Leadership Trends and Change Theories
- Communications Training, Crisis Communications and Media Relations
- Four sessions conducted at different locations across the state.
- Faculty includes Kansas education practitioners, local and state leaders.
- Sessions are a mix of onsite visits and participants’ interaction and discussions.
- The curriculum is designed to build capacity through discovery and interaction. Participants are strongly encouraged to participant in all sessions
2018 Session Dates
- Session I – March 1 and 2, 2018
- Session II – May 3 and 4, 2018
- Session III – July 19 and 20, 2018
- Session IV – September 13 and 14, 2018
- Session V – November 29 and 30, 2018 (In Conjunction with KASB Annual Conference)
- Graduation – December 1, 2018 (During KASB Annual Conference General Session)
PLEASE NOTE: Every effort will be made to adhere to this schedule. However, circumstances may require a change in this schedule.