Winfield Public Schools
1407 WHEAT RD
WINFIELD, KS 67156
November 11, 2019
Winfield USD 465 is seeking to establish a relationship with an architectural firm for planning renovations, additions and possible replacement of existing schools. The district desires to select a full-service firm that will assist district personnel in the facilitation of preparing design and construction documents, bidding, construction administration and warranty assistance services. The board anticipates selecting the design team in 2019 or early 2020.
The purpose of this request for qualifications is to gather information from architectural firms interested in working with the district. USD 465 will screen and select the most qualified firm from those submitted. The board may elect to interview firms from a “short list” based on responses and qualifications received.
The district is beginning to engage the community in conversations about the current conditions of school district facilities. The district is interested in hiring an architectural firm that can work with the district and community to develop a common vision for this project and to develop a marketing plan to help the district and community successfully promote the bond issue. It is expected that the selected firm will start immediately and work directly with the school and community throughout the process.
Scope of Work:
Provide full architectural and engineering basic services to complete Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Bidding, Construction Administration, and Warranty Assistance. Engineering services must include Kansas licensed engineers for Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.
The architect will work closely with the CM (CMAR) in review/preparation of milestone cost estimates, schedules and constructability discussions. Presentations and periodic reports will be made to the Board of Education.
The successful architectural firm will supply the District with an insurance certificate showing a minimum coverage of Professional Liability (E&O) coverage of $1,000,000. It is expected that the selected architect will enter into a modified AIA B101 Owner-Architect Agreement.
The formal request for qualifications response shall contain the following information, in the following sequence and format. Written and in-person presentations should follow the prescribed format below:
Title Page Letter of Introduction Table of Contents
- Architect’s Firm Profile and Philosophy - All of the information submitted should be related to the Prime Architect. (Do not include information for any sub-consultant in the section. Sub Consultant information is to be included in Section 8.)
- Architect’s Firm History - Describe the corporate structure, date firm was formed, number of offices, number of Kansas offices, list owners of the firm, list Kansas architect business entity license number.
- Architect’s Approach to the Development of New Facility, Renovations and Additions - Submit a project approach regarding your firm’s understanding of the project, its goals and objectives. In detail, describe your firm’s planning process.
- Architect’s Personnel Assigned to the Project - Identify the names of any personnel (prime and sub-consultants) who will be members of the actual project team and identify their level of experience with Kansas K-12 public school construction projects. List time employed by current architectural firm. List at a minimum, three (3) relevant Kansas school projects and locations on which your firm has worked.
- Architect’s Experience with Planning for New Facilities, Renovations and Additions - Prime Architect should provide information about its experience on similar projects and its overall qualifications to carry out the project. Please provide project descriptions, locations and color photos on at least three (3) relevant Kansas school projects. All of the projects submitted should be projects completed by the Prime Architect. (Do not include past projects from work done while employed at other firms or any sub-consultant that may be included on your team.)
- Architect’s Experience with the Construction Management Delivery Method - Architect should provide a list of projects completed during the last 5 years highlighting Kansas School Projects designed under the CM (CMAR) method and list the CM (CMAR) involved on each project.
- Architect’s References - The Architect will provide a reference list from five (5) recent Kansas School design projects of similar scope. Note: Include district, contact name and telephone numbers. All of the references submitted should be for projects completed by the Prime Consultant. (Do not include references for any sub-consultant that may be included on your team.)
- Information on Other Sub-Consultants your Firm will employ for this Project, including Engineering Firms – Please include relevant information: Sub-Consultant firm(s) history & profile, philosophy, specialization, experience and references.
- Why Should USD 465 Public Schools Utilize Your Firm/Additional Information? – Please include information describing what makes your firm or team unique.
Your response should follow the outline above and be concise. Failure to follow any of the RFQ’s instructions could nullify your response from consideration. It will be the responsibility of the Prime
The consultant is asked to submit 3 copies of your proposal. Parties are requested to sign the proposal with ink, and when in the name of a company, by some officer whose title is shown. Submissions should be sealed and packaged with clear identification to read as follows:
“REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS, USD 465 Winfield “Professional Architectural and Engineering Design Services”
Dr. Nathan Reed– Superintendent of Schools
Winfield Public Schools
1407 Wheat Rd
Winfield, Ks. 67156
The deadline for submitting your response will be no later than 4 P.M. on Monday, November 18, 2019. Proposals received after this date and time will not be considered.
Proposal or project questions or clarification prior to submittal may be directed to Dr. Nathan Reed, Superintendent of Schools USD 465 at (620-221-5100). No electronic proposals or electronic modification of proposals will be considered.
Within a period of approximately 10 days following the submittal deadline, after administrative screening, the selected applicant (or applicants) may be invited to present to a selection team prior to submittal of recommendation(s) to the Board of Education. If necessary, the period of evaluation of proposals may be extended. Firms will be evaluated according to their response to this Request for Qualifications.
The administration, selection team and the U.S.D. No. 465 Board of Education reserve the right to reject any and all proposals, waive informality and any technicalities or clerical error in any proposal as the interest of these entities may require, and they will select the proposal which, in their judgment, best meets the requirements of the project.
At no time are applicants to visit individually with selection team members about consideration as a possible service provider.
All costs incurred in the preparation of the response to this Request for Qualifications will be the sole responsibility of and borne entirely by the submitter. All responses to this Request for Qualifications become the property of USD 465 and will be part of public record.
USD 465 will attempt to negotiate and contract for services described in this RFQ solicitation with the most qualified firm(s). If an agreement cannot be reached, there will be an attempt to negotiate a contract with the next most qualified firm(s). This process will continue until an agreement is reached. In certain instances, more than one consultant may be assigned.