9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
KASB Office, 1420 SW Arrowhead Road, Topeka, KS 66604
8:30 a.m. Registration
9- 3:30 p.m. Workshop
A new school finance formula was developed during the 2017 Legislative Session to replace the block grant school funding system. Spend the day with KASB staff, other experts from across the state and your colleagues to learn about the formula, the state’s economic outlook and how to manage school budgets and finance during these volatile and uncertain times.
Specific Topics Include:
- Roadmap for the Day and Introductions
- How Did We Get Here Part 1: Panel Discussion with House Members on the Process of Developing the New Finance Formula.
- How Did We Get Here Part 2: Panel Discussion with Senate Members on Process
- Audits and Accountability – The Role of Legislative Post Audit within the new formula and the data and information available from previous work.
- Hard Conversations That We Need to Have